Friday 19 March 2010

Welcome to The Blogowitz Blog

Yeah, that's right, I'm starting a blog. I'm becoming 'that guy'.

Actually, I'm probably ten years too late to become 'that guy'. Maybe I'm 'one of those guys'. Maybe I'm not even that at this point. I'm well behind on this leg of the communications revolution. (I was a pretty early adopter of email, the web, and mobile phones, but I was slow on Facebook and I'm still rejecting Twitter.)

As I say in the up top, I'm doing this because I feel like writing and have some time on my hands. I see things developing along a few tracks -- part travel, part political, part photo, with the odd dash of sports or pop culture thrown in. A big part of the inspiration to start this came from my old friend Michelle who saw photos I posted from an Africa trip and asked where the travel diary was (and who has a much more professional blog of her own). Additional credit goes to Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother, maybe the funniest show currently on TV, whose blog is awesome. Also, the folks at the UCSD Guardian, where I wrote for the Opinion section for a year (and one sports column on the 50th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's first game). That was my first experience having other people read my writing, and I've missed it ever since. Finally, there are all those blogs, mainly political, that I have been reading regularly and always wanted to respond to. Now, instead of keeping my reactions to myself or having them dangling down among other people's comments, I can slap them up on my very own page!

OK then, let's see where this goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment