Thursday 26 November 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

I'm not going to lie, this wasn't a great Thanksgiving.

This is not, of course, to say it was a bad day. I met up with a few of the other people who are joining my boat here in Albany. And I got to catch up with a bunch of people from other boats who I met during training. It was great to hear their stories of the trip so far, even though a lot of them revolved around how much hard work the trip from Cape Town had been and how cold and wet everything was. There was the prize giving ceremony for the last leg and a big party that went late into the night.

But it wasn't Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and it's meant to be spent with friends and family. I knew with the timing of the race that wasn't going to happen this year. I was thinking it would at least be spent with my team, which would have been in the right spirit and would also have brought a few other Americans, but they're running really late (more on that later) and aren't expected in for a few more days.

Anyway, I can be thankful that a "not great" Thanksgiving can still be this good. And thanks for all the support and good wishes for this trip from family and friends, even if I couldn't celebrate with any of you in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment