Thursday 18 October 2012

Photos that give a truly different vew of reality

This is some of the coolest photography I've ever seen. It's interesting, and the writer spends a lot of time explaining what's behind it, but focusing on that is like focusing on the chemical processes behind a film photo or the signal processing in a digital camera. It's interesting, but that's secondary.

Instead, these are cool just because they draw me in. I've spend a lot of time with them, mostly with the waves. I haven't spent much of it thinking about what the scenes would look like 'normally'. They just look familiar, yet not, like a glimpse into a different reality

My first reaction was to want one of these cameras. Setting aside the $85,000 price tag, I probably couldn't produce anything like this anyway. I have plenty of photographic power now, but my skills, my vision... still a work in progress. And this is some serious vision, not just a piece of equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment